Hey everyone 🙂 How’s your Monday going? Mine’s going pretty well! I am actually in a great mood because I went grocery shopping at a new store and bought a lot of food at a fraction of what I usually spend!
I’m not sure if you’re familiar with Price Rite, but that’s where I went today. Usually, I go to Shaw’s or Stop & Shop (living in New England, these are the stores available in our area). I actually have a Shaw’s that’s *literally* a two minute drive from my apartment, and that’s where I usually buy my food. Because I work part-time now, I really have to watch my spending. I was trying to think of ways in which to do so, and then remembering that Price Rite was fair in their pricing. I hadn’t been there since September 2009, so going back was interesting.
What my boyfriend and I do is split our groceries down the middle. I get what I need, and if he’s not with me, pick up what he needs and he reimburses me for it. Because he’s working today, I ended up getting his favorite meals. I noticed that I was saving between 1-3 dollars an item, and even as much as $.50 on some items. I spent $60, but I got A LOT of food. Plus, with Massachusetts taxes, the price was even cheaper! So, in all, it was a win/win. Some of what I ended up getting (NOTE: not all of it was for me. Can you guess what I bought for myself and what I bought for my boyfriend?)
- 4 boxes of Velveeta Shells $1.99/ each (usually around $3 in other stores)
- 4 Chobani Plain Greek Yogurts $.99/ each (usually $1.29)
- 1 package of Chips Ahoy! Chewy cookies $1.99 (usually around as much as $3 in other stores)
- Buffalo Chicken Anytizers $1.99
- 1 gallon 1% milk $2.99 (I was paying around $3.59 – $3.69 in other stores)
- 2 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal $2.99 each
- 3 packages of alfredo and noodles $.79 each
- 1 wheel of Weight Watchers Swiss Cheese wedges $1.99 (usually around or more than $3.00 in other stores)
So, overall not too bad. I was really happy about my purchases, and next time I’ll remember to bring my reusable bags. I forgot today, and made for a sad shopper! But, the ladies at the checkout were very helpful in giving me information on what to expect shopping there (I told them it was my second time there). You can purchase bags there, too, for $.10 each. I got 4.
Well, I am off. I have to shower and get ready for tonight’s plans. Adios!
WHERE DO YOU USUALLY FIND FOOD BARGAINS?